Reports to: President
A strategically focused Controller responsible for all general ledger, close/reporting, audit,
internal controls, AR/AP and payroll functions. This leadership role will manage a team,
developing our talent and facilitating financial awareness within the organization. This role will
require a hands-on entrepreneurial and analytical individual, also responsible for Banking,
Human Resource, Tax and Legal/contractual obligations.
This role performs a timely fiscal close, financial/KPI reporting, cash flow management,
forecasting, annual planning, BOM/routing management, and cost/price analysis, while
providing technical/strategic insights to the leadership team and actively participating in
comprehensive continuous improvement initiatives. IT responsibilities include ERP system
ownership/integrity and some website management. This individual will be a core member of the
leadership team reporting to the President/CEO. Geerpres values innovation, focus,
transparency, ownership thinking, accountability, thought leadership and integrity in our team
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) or more years of experience including
people leadership and breadth in progressive accounting and finance responsibilities. A
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance is required and CPA preferred with Excel mastery
Relocation assistance is NOT available.
Please respond with resume and salary requirements.
A flexible work environment may be accommodated.
- GAAP / IRS Code Compliance
- AR, AP, Payroll
- Month End Close, Reconciliation, Reporting & Forecasting
- KPI Reporting and Development / Data Mining; Information visibility and presentation
- Contract management, Legal & Banking
- Cost Accounting, BOM, Routings, Pricing Analytics
- Customer, Supplier, Item Master data management
- Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations & Engagement
- Compensation Plans & Benefit Management
- HR Regulatory Requirements
- Distribution, light manufacturing/assembly experience.
- QAD ERP system experience highly desired.
- Cost, pension plan and audit experience preferred.
- Excel expertise with proficiency in MS Office environment.
- Independently motivated, critical thinking, and professional.
- Entrepreneurial dynamic, collaborative team member.
- 5+ years in progressing finance role(s).
- Preferable2-5 years leadership experience (Asst. Controller/Director).
- CPA is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work hands-on with a small team and growth focused company.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Reports to: President
Overview: As our Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible to analyze and coordinate our organization’s supply chain by maximizing supplier performance including cost, efficiency, and inventory levels. Reporting to the President, you will collaborate with Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing team members to identify and manage sourcing materials and services at ‘best cost’ for manufacturing, engineering prototypes, and capital projects as an active leadership role. Effectively plan manufacturing requirements and inventory levels throughout the entire supply chain.
This role requires an independent, multi-tasking individual willing to assume great challenges, unwavering commitment, and willing to grow with the organization. Also required is a strategic mindset with tactical willingness and a continuous improvement focus.
- Foster and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with stakeholders.
- Source/locate suppliers of materials or services, interview, and negotiate pricing, product availability and terms of sale.
- Plan, prepare and place purchase orders, order management, supply management
- Utilize and maximize MRP system capabilities to manage inventory accurately.
- Obtain quotes from outsource suppliers for all contracted operations.
- Participate in the development of specifications for new products.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work efficiently
- Establish and maintain KPI metrics for Inventory & Supply Chain responsibilities.
- Document performance to action plans and timelines for assigned projects.
- Partner cross functionally to identify, prioritize, and execute improvements to total cost.
- Ensure robust supply chain that delivers continuity of supply and quality.
- Maintain knowledge of product, supply base, industry and raw material trends/indices to identify pricing and risk opportunities.
- Coordinate with operations, engineering and quality to ensure production material requirements are achieved, meeting quality per specification and alignment with Quality manager.
- Ensure bill of material accuracy through review.
- Assure orders meet specified quality and delivery times and minimize the total cost.
- Negotiate with suppliers to meet quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, manufacturing, or engineering
- 3-5 years sourcing experience with accountability for negotiation outcomes in a supplier facing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing and operations
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Familiarity with ERP System, QAD experience highly beneficial
- Ability to leverage facts to build confidence and followership at all levels
- Strong communication skills and ability to act decisively
- Leverage analytical skills to develop fact based decision making
- Anticipate events and develop scenario plans to capitalize/mitigate
- Forecasting with regard to planning, cost.
- Identification of root cause and creative problem solving
- Understanding of inventory replenishment systems and sourcing processes and procedures