SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Reports to: President
Overview: As our Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible to analyze and coordinate our organization’s supply chain by maximizing supplier performance including cost, efficiency, and inventory levels. Reporting to the President, you will collaborate with Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing team members to identify and manage sourcing materials and services at ‘best cost’ for manufacturing, engineering prototypes, and capital projects as an active leadership role. Effectively plan manufacturing requirements and inventory levels throughout the entire supply chain.
This role requires an independent, multi-tasking individual willing to assume great challenges, unwavering commitment, and willing to grow with the organization. Also required is a strategic mindset with tactical willingness and a continuous improvement focus.
- Foster and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with stakeholders.
- Source/locate suppliers of materials or services, interview, and negotiate pricing, product availability and terms of sale.
- Plan, prepare and place purchase orders, order management, supply management
- Utilize and maximize MRP system capabilities to manage inventory accurately.
- Obtain quotes from outsource suppliers for all contracted operations.
- Participate in the development of specifications for new products.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work efficiently
- Establish and maintain KPI metrics for Inventory & Supply Chain responsibilities.
- Document performance to action plans and timelines for assigned projects.
- Partner cross functionally to identify, prioritize, and execute improvements to total cost.
- Ensure robust supply chain that delivers continuity of supply and quality.
- Maintain knowledge of product, supply base, industry and raw material trends/indices to identify pricing and risk opportunities.
- Coordinate with operations, engineering and quality to ensure production material requirements are achieved, meeting quality per specification and alignment with Quality manager.
- Ensure bill of material accuracy through review.
- Assure orders meet specified quality and delivery times and minimize the total cost.
- Negotiate with suppliers to meet quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, manufacturing, or engineering
- 3-5 years sourcing experience with accountability for negotiation outcomes in a supplier facing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing and operations
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Familiarity with ERP System, QAD experience highly beneficial
- Ability to leverage facts to build confidence and followership at all levels
- Strong communication skills and ability to act decisively
- Leverage analytical skills to develop fact based decision making
- Anticipate events and develop scenario plans to capitalize/mitigate
- Forecasting with regard to planning, cost.
- Identification of root cause and creative problem solving
- Understanding of inventory replenishment systems and sourcing processes and procedures